Wednesday 23 May 2012

Medical Evidence For Speaking In Tongues


Two thousand years ago, a bunch of uneducated men who believed in Christ were overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit at an event  we have now come to term ‘Pentecost’. They were ridiculed and even accused of being drunk by some of the onlookers.
Today, Spirit-filled Christians who exercise the gift of tongues are still being ridiculed by unbelievers and in some cases, fellow Christians too! So is there any truth behind speaking in tongues? I hope to do a thorough bible study on this matter at a later date but for now, my aim is to point you to research conducted at an American University, whose aim was to study the physiological impact of praying in tongues and to determine whether or not it was just another load of gibberish. If the bible’s claim that when we pray in the Spirit our minds are unfruitful is to be believed then an MRI scan would be able to disprove it as a false claim if indeed there was brain activity that should only be detected when praying in our understanding.
I don’t know about you but I don’t see any contest between science and the Christian faith. Rather, I find that science validates our faith even though it often seems like science is playing serious catch up. Aren’t you intrigued to know what the research concluded? This short video clip holds the answer. Enjoy.
1 Corinthians 14:14 – For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.

No comments:

Post a Comment